Monday, February 1, 2010

Modern Quilt Pattern

My latest quilting project was a baby blanket for a friend. Since she's having a boy I needed something that wasn't too cutesy, so I opted for a more modern looking arrangement of rectangles. I had a hard time finding inspiration for it, so I thought I'd post the pattern I came up with in case someone else out there can use it.
After sewing the blocks together, I simply laid it on a piece of soft and cozy fabric (the super fluffy kind) with right sides together, and stitched around it leaving a small opening to turn it inside out. After it was right sides out I stitched a small border around the whole thing in order to close the opening.
Since I didn't think traditional ties would really go with it, I decided to machine stitch through the whole quilt on either side of each seam.


No comments:

Post a Comment